Wednesday 20 May 2009

Flash photography!

Life is full of funny little incidents. This weekend, in the playground with the family, a woman I'd never met comes up to me and gives mer her digital camera. "Do you know how to work these things?" she asked. "I must have changed a setting by mistake because now whenever I press the button, it takes 2 photos instead of just one." she continued. Relishing a technical challenge, I went into the menu system, had a play, and at her suggestion took a random photo to see if I had worked the magic. We went into view mode and scrolled to see if I had changed the right settings. I had not. But when the picture didn't change I pressed the "next" button again to make sure. Which took me to the beginning of the album on the memory card. Which was a photo of my distressed maiden looking not so distressed but very much de-dressed!

And stories like this are like buses! Not that I was waiting for a virtual flasher, but you know what I mean. Anyway, not 4 days later and at work this time, I was talkin to a colleague. "Let's talk about how... OMG there's a naked person behind you..." she said. I turned around and admired the view through our window and into the window of the building on the far side of City Road. "Actually, maybe she's got a thong on" my colleague eventually continued, in an attempt to cover up, either metaphorically or telepathically, for the apostate opposite.

No comments: